Richard Nixon BiographyRichard Milhous Nixon was born on January 9, 1913 in California, United States. He is the 37th President of the United States who served in the year 1969 to 1974 before becoming president, Richard M Nixon was poor across the United States in world politics. Of whom he had served as Vice President and Senator from California.
Richard M Nixon was born in Yorba Linda, California. After completing her undergraduate studies at Whittier College, he proceeded to Duke University Law School in 1937 Graduated from Duke University, he later conscripted to defend his country in World War II. After the war, Richard M Nixon switched to politics and was elected to parliament in 1947.
In 1952, Richard M Nixon who has held office of California State Senator offered by Dwight Eisenhower to be with him as a candidate for Vice President of the United States Republican Party. With strong financial support, Dwight and Richard also managed to waltz into top executive positions in the government of the United States in 1956 Subsequently, Richard M Nixon served as Vice President for eight years under Eisenhower. But after suffering a stroke Eisenhower, Richard M Nixon took a more active role in policy-making United States.
In 1960 he ran as the Republican presidential candidate. But he narrowly lost to John F. Kennedy. He also failed to win the election of Governor of California in 1962 that he announced his retirement from politics. But his retirement did not last long after the re-run as a presidential candidate in 1968.
He then became President of the United States by the year 1974 One thing that should be remembered during the Nixon administration was the Watergate scandal in 1973 This forced Nixon to face impeachment by parliament the United States. He also chose to resign in August 1974.
Richard Nixon Facts
- President of the United States, Richard Nixon once asked actor Jet Li to be his bodyguard.
- Watergate scandal (1972-1974) (or called directly "Watergate") was a political scandal in the United States that resulted in the resignation of President Richard Nixon, this resulted in a horrendous constitutional crisis in the 1970s. The scandal is named after a hotel in Washington, DC, where the scandal occurred.
- President Richard Nixon put a music box in his office desk when opened will play the song "Hail to the Chief". This song is always played when the President of the United States entered the room.
- In his career as an actor, until 2000 Anthony Hopkins has played two United States presidents, namely John Quincy Adams in "Amistad", and Richard M. Nixon in "Nixon".
Richard Nixon Quotes
- Never let your head hang down. Never give up and sit down and grieve. Find another way. And don't pray when it rains if you don't pray when the sun shines.
- In the long term we can hope that religion will change the nature of man and reduce conflict. But history is not encouraging in this respect. The bloodiest wars in history have been religious wars.
- I can take it. The tougher it gets, the cooler I get.
- You must never be satisfied with losing. You must get angry, terribly angry, about losing. But the mark of the good loser is that he takes his anger out on himself and not his victorious opponents or on his teammates.